- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 17 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Cameroon Overturns Conviction for “Looking Gay”
Getting a drink at a bar can lead to legal trouble if you drink too much, but what about ending up in jail simply because of what it was that you ordered?
FOX News Radio’s Kirstin McNary has the story:
Same-sex acts are illegal in the African country of Cameroon, where – after spending more than a year in jail – an appeals court overturned the conviction of two men for “looking gay” and ordering Baileys Irish Cream. They had been sentenced to five years in prison. Human rights activists say the men endured abuse from guards and other prisoners during their detention.
In December, a Cameroonian court upheld the conviction of a man who texted “I love you” to another man.
Kirstin McNary, FOX News Radio.