- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 14 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Fiscal Cliff Deal Sets Up Debt Ceiling Fight [VIDEO]
The next battle between the White House and Capitol Hill is already shaping up, with the deadline now in sight over raising the nation’s debt limit and averting a government shutdown.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
The battle lines are being drawn over the nation’s ability to pay its bills. Republicans are vowing not to raise the debt limit, they say, until President Obama gets serious.
(Sen. McConnell) “The biggest problem confronting the country is not taxes, it’s spending. We don’t have this problem because we tax too little, we have it because we spend too much.”
Senate Minority Leader, Republican Mitch McConnell on ABC’s “This Week,” while Democratic Congressman Chris van Hollen tells “FOX News Sunday”:
(Rep. van Hollen) “This is like we get up one morning and say we’re not going to pay our mortgage. That is reckless and irresponsible.”
President Obama has said he won’t engage in any talks over raising the debt ceiling.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the looming debt ceiling battle: