- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 11 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 16 hours ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Fiscal Cliff Deal Sets Up Debt Ceiling Fight [VIDEO]
The next battle between the White House and Capitol Hill is already shaping up, with the deadline now in sight over raising the nation’s debt limit and averting a government shutdown.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
The battle lines are being drawn over the nation’s ability to pay its bills. Republicans are vowing not to raise the debt limit, they say, until President Obama gets serious.
(Sen. McConnell) “The biggest problem confronting the country is not taxes, it’s spending. We don’t have this problem because we tax too little, we have it because we spend too much.”
Senate Minority Leader, Republican Mitch McConnell on ABC’s “This Week,” while Democratic Congressman Chris van Hollen tells “FOX News Sunday”:
(Rep. van Hollen) “This is like we get up one morning and say we’re not going to pay our mortgage. That is reckless and irresponsible.”
President Obama has said he won’t engage in any talks over raising the debt ceiling.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the looming debt ceiling battle: