- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 1 min ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 40 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 8 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: The Chase ContinuesPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
You Should ALWAYS Be Resolving To Yourself, Not Just At New Year’s!
I wasn’t surprised when I didn’t feel any different at 12:01 am New Year’s Day than I did at 11:59pm on New Year’s Eve.
Time is relative. It really is when you get right down to it.
Making resolutions for the New Year is a nice symbolic gesture some of us make every year (or every so many years anyway).
But the reality is, we should be resolving to ourselves all the time!
New Year’s resolutions are like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day–they are once a year events that should encompass behavior throughout the year.
Should we only take Mom out to lunch on Mother’s Day? Or Dad on Father’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is another example and a holiday my wife and I do not partake in. How about you buy your sweetie flowers on a random Tuesday in July??
You should always be resolving to yourself!
The key is to make the resolutions realistic in scope.
If your salary was $25K last year, it’s probably not going to turn into $2 million this year.
If you haven’t read a book in 10 years, you are unlikely to read 4 a month starting now.
And so forth. Just be realistic or you are in for a world of disappointment.
I think our goal as human beings is to resolve to be better in every way, with every day. Even if it’s baby steps.
After all, as the Chinese wisdom goes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
The trouble is most of us never take that first step.
Take it today!!