- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 17 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
“Tennessee Waltz” Singer Patti Page Dies at 85 [VIDEO]
Legendary singer Patti Page, one of the best-selling female artists of her time, has died.
FOX News Radio’s Sabrina Sabbagh reports:
(“Tennessee Waltz”) “Yes, I lost my…”
Patti Page made “Tennessee Waltz” one of the best-selling recordings ever. The pop star was the top-selling female singer of the 1950′s with more than 100 million record sales, and she is credited with creating a distinctive sound for the music industry in the late ’40′s by overdubbing her own voice when she didn’t have money to hire backup singers for the single, “Confess.”
(“Confess”) “Confess. Confess, confess.”
Her career included 15 Gold records and three Gold albums of more than one million sales. Page was also the first singer to have television programs on all three major networks. She died on New Years Day at the age of 85.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio.
WATCH Patti Page’s “(How Much is That) Doggie in the Window?”: