- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 10 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
NY County Refuses to Release Gun Permit Info [VIDEO]
A suburban New York newspaper that became a headline itself when it began publishing the names and addresses of gun permit owners is getting some push-back in its attempts to continue its reporting.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details from New York City:
Officials in Putnam County, New York are refusing to release permit-holder information to the Journal News. The paper published the names and addresses of holders in neighboring counties last month.
(Odell) “To supply that information could make the non-gun owner residents very vulnerable.”
Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell says gun owners who have orders of protection against dangerous people and members of law enforcement living in the county are also concerned. But Robert Freeman with the state’s Committee on Open Government says withholding the information breaks state law.
(Freeman) “The name and address of any person to whom an application for any license has been granted shall be a public record.”
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the backlash against the Journal News: