- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 1 hour ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 12 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 19 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 20 hours ago
NY County Refuses to Release Gun Permit Info [VIDEO]
A suburban New York newspaper that became a headline itself when it began publishing the names and addresses of gun permit owners is getting some push-back in its attempts to continue its reporting.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details from New York City:
Officials in Putnam County, New York are refusing to release permit-holder information to the Journal News. The paper published the names and addresses of holders in neighboring counties last month.
(Odell) “To supply that information could make the non-gun owner residents very vulnerable.”
Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell says gun owners who have orders of protection against dangerous people and members of law enforcement living in the county are also concerned. But Robert Freeman with the state’s Committee on Open Government says withholding the information breaks state law.
(Freeman) “The name and address of any person to whom an application for any license has been granted shall be a public record.”
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the backlash against the Journal News: