- Securing America: U.S. Response to James Foley’s Murder [VIDEO]Posted 55 mins ago
- The Balance Of Power: Is Ryan Considering A Presidential Run?Posted 1 hour ago
- Holder Visits Ferguson, Protests Continue [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- President Obama Speaks On Death Of U.S. Journalist James FoleyPosted 19 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Student Suspended For Writing Poem About Sandy Hook Killer
Courtney Webb, a 17-year-old student, says she wanted to convey that “tragedies in Sandy Hook happen because people feel helpless.” She wrote a people called, “I Know Why He Pulled the Trigger.”
When a teacher found her personal notebook, the poem was reported to school authorities, which led the Life Learning Academy on Treasure Island, San Francisco, to suspend her.
The school, which prides itself on helping students who are not able to assimilate and settle in other schooling establishments, is currently evaluating if Webb is a threat to her fellow students. But Webb contends that her poem is being overanalyzed.