- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 14 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Banished Words for 2013
The list is out: the words or phrases that we’re just plain sick of hearing.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
Are you getting tired of hearing this…
“The fiscal cliff.”//”The fiscal cliff.”
Or variations of that…
“Hanging from the cliff.”
You are not alone. That phrase, “fiscal cliff”, is on the list.
The 38th annual “List of Words to be Banished from the Queen’s English for Misuse, Overuse, and General Uselessness”.
The list is put out by Lake Superior State University in Michigan.
Other phrases on the list to be banned, if only the could be, “kick the can down the road”, “bucket list”, and one other word that’s trending… “trending”.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.