- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 15 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Banished Words for 2013
The list is out: the words or phrases that we’re just plain sick of hearing.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
Are you getting tired of hearing this…
“The fiscal cliff.”//”The fiscal cliff.”
Or variations of that…
“Hanging from the cliff.”
You are not alone. That phrase, “fiscal cliff”, is on the list.
The 38th annual “List of Words to be Banished from the Queen’s English for Misuse, Overuse, and General Uselessness”.
The list is put out by Lake Superior State University in Michigan.
Other phrases on the list to be banned, if only the could be, “kick the can down the road”, “bucket list”, and one other word that’s trending… “trending”.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.