- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 8 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Banished Words for 2013
The list is out: the words or phrases that we’re just plain sick of hearing.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
Are you getting tired of hearing this…
“The fiscal cliff.”//”The fiscal cliff.”
Or variations of that…
“Hanging from the cliff.”
You are not alone. That phrase, “fiscal cliff”, is on the list.
The 38th annual “List of Words to be Banished from the Queen’s English for Misuse, Overuse, and General Uselessness”.
The list is put out by Lake Superior State University in Michigan.
Other phrases on the list to be banned, if only the could be, “kick the can down the road”, “bucket list”, and one other word that’s trending… “trending”.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.