- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 12 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
The Most Annoying Words
Every year, a Marist poll ranks the most annoying words to hear in the English language. So what words made the cut this year?
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
It’s the word we don’t want to hear. There’s no better way to end a conversation than with that ubiquitous entry in the English language. According to a Marist poll, it’s now the hands-down winner for least welcome, four years running. It’s not the only word that annoys people. There’s ‘like’ which is disliked by 21% of us. ‘You know’ gets a thumbs down from 17%. ‘Just sayin’ bothers 10%. Meanwhile, ‘twitterverse’, ‘gotcha’ and ‘unsure’ are irritating enough to make the annual list.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.