- Israel Calls Up Another 16,000 Reserves For Gaza FightingPosted 1 hour ago
- AEHQ: President Obama LawsuitPosted 2 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Border Battle At The Ballot BoxPosted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Sandy Hero Drowns During Trip to Puerto Rico
A New York City man who risked his own life to save at least a half-dozen people during the peak of Superstorm Sandy has died while on vacation in Puerto Rico.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports from New York:
It was during the worst of Sandy in Belle Harbor, Queens. A storm surge pushed six feet of water down Beach 130th St. as homes were burning. Dylan Smith, a Rockaway Beach lifeguard, used his surfboard and a makeshift rope bridge and together with another Rockaway resident, pulled at least a half-dozen people to safety. People Magazine named Smith one of its heroes of 2012, although Smith said he didn’t consider himself a hero.
Smith was in Puerto Rico, surfing this weekend. His body was pulled from the water, his surfboard nearby; an apparent drowning.
In New York, Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.