- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Sandy Hero Drowns During Trip to Puerto Rico
A New York City man who risked his own life to save at least a half-dozen people during the peak of Superstorm Sandy has died while on vacation in Puerto Rico.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports from New York:
It was during the worst of Sandy in Belle Harbor, Queens. A storm surge pushed six feet of water down Beach 130th St. as homes were burning. Dylan Smith, a Rockaway Beach lifeguard, used his surfboard and a makeshift rope bridge and together with another Rockaway resident, pulled at least a half-dozen people to safety. People Magazine named Smith one of its heroes of 2012, although Smith said he didn’t consider himself a hero.
Smith was in Puerto Rico, surfing this weekend. His body was pulled from the water, his surfboard nearby; an apparent drowning.
In New York, Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.