- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 hour ago
- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 12 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 14 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 16 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 17 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 17 hours ago
Sandy Hero Drowns During Trip to Puerto Rico
A New York City man who risked his own life to save at least a half-dozen people during the peak of Superstorm Sandy has died while on vacation in Puerto Rico.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports from New York:
It was during the worst of Sandy in Belle Harbor, Queens. A storm surge pushed six feet of water down Beach 130th St. as homes were burning. Dylan Smith, a Rockaway Beach lifeguard, used his surfboard and a makeshift rope bridge and together with another Rockaway resident, pulled at least a half-dozen people to safety. People Magazine named Smith one of its heroes of 2012, although Smith said he didn’t consider himself a hero.
Smith was in Puerto Rico, surfing this weekend. His body was pulled from the water, his surfboard nearby; an apparent drowning.
In New York, Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.