- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Christmas Break Brings Fiscal Cliff Closer [VIDEO]
With President Obama and his family spending Christmas in Hawaii and lawmakers also heading home for the holidays, talks to avert the fiscal cliff are on hold. But they may not stay that way for long.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
The President wants Congress to resume work right after Christmas, so too North Dakota Democratic Sen. Kent Conrad.
(Sen. Conrad) “I would hope that we would have one last attempt here to do what everyone knows needs to be done.”
Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso suspects the President doesn’t really want a deal.
(Sen. Barrasso) “He gets all this additional tax revenue for new programs. He gets to cut the military, which Democrats have been calling for for years, and he gets to blame Republicans.”
Before heading to Hawaii, the President suggested Congress pass a measure avoiding a tax hike on incomes under $250,000, extends unemployment insurance, and then work out the rest later.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more from Senators Conrad and Barrasso on the fiscal cliff:
WATCH one businessman’s suggestion for a fiscal cliff deal: