- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Red Skelton’s Pledge of Allegiance, The Tonight Show Sings “Let It Go”, and Pres. Obama and Vice Pres. Biden MOVEPosted 7 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Christmas Break Brings Fiscal Cliff Closer [VIDEO]
With President Obama and his family spending Christmas in Hawaii and lawmakers also heading home for the holidays, talks to avert the fiscal cliff are on hold. But they may not stay that way for long.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
The President wants Congress to resume work right after Christmas, so too North Dakota Democratic Sen. Kent Conrad.
(Sen. Conrad) “I would hope that we would have one last attempt here to do what everyone knows needs to be done.”
Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso suspects the President doesn’t really want a deal.
(Sen. Barrasso) “He gets all this additional tax revenue for new programs. He gets to cut the military, which Democrats have been calling for for years, and he gets to blame Republicans.”
Before heading to Hawaii, the President suggested Congress pass a measure avoiding a tax hike on incomes under $250,000, extends unemployment insurance, and then work out the rest later.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more from Senators Conrad and Barrasso on the fiscal cliff:
WATCH one businessman’s suggestion for a fiscal cliff deal: