- Graceland Brings ‘The King’ Back To VegasPosted 45 mins ago
- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 2 days ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 3 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Bethlehem Tourism Drop-off
The recent violence in the Gaza strip is being felt in the holy city of Bethlehem. Officials there say many tourists have canceled their trips this Christmas.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither has details from Bethlehem:
As storekeepers finish off the final touches to their window displays and hotels here prepare for the arrival of Christian pilgrims from around the world, it’s expected there’ll be fewer visitors this year.
Rishmawi: “Mainstream tourism, a lot of cancellations. I’ve been checking different travel agencies; they lost a lot because people are afraid to come.”
That’s Palestinian tour guide George Rishmawi. He says the Christmas trade is a top money maker for businesses here. But the recent fighting between Israel and Gaza has a lot of Christians staying away. Bethlehem is home to the Church of the Nativity, where Christians say Jesus was born.
In Bethlehem, Emily Wither, Fox News Radio.