- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 6 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 8 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 11 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Bethlehem Tourism Drop-off
The recent violence in the Gaza strip is being felt in the holy city of Bethlehem. Officials there say many tourists have canceled their trips this Christmas.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither has details from Bethlehem:
As storekeepers finish off the final touches to their window displays and hotels here prepare for the arrival of Christian pilgrims from around the world, it’s expected there’ll be fewer visitors this year.
Rishmawi: “Mainstream tourism, a lot of cancellations. I’ve been checking different travel agencies; they lost a lot because people are afraid to come.”
That’s Palestinian tour guide George Rishmawi. He says the Christmas trade is a top money maker for businesses here. But the recent fighting between Israel and Gaza has a lot of Christians staying away. Bethlehem is home to the Church of the Nativity, where Christians say Jesus was born.
In Bethlehem, Emily Wither, Fox News Radio.