- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 3 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 3 hours ago
- Yes or No? Scotland Votes On Independence Referendum [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Newcomer Chase BryantPosted 5 hours ago
- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 20 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Battle Over Boehner’s ‘Plan B’ [VIDEO]
Since there’s no compromise on tax reform yet, there’s a “Plan B”. It’s a fiscal cliff alternative that House Republicans could approve today, but it’s facing opposition from Democrats.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Capitol Hill:
House Republican leadership says the votes are there to pass its so-called Plan B.
(Cantor) “Absent a balanced offer from the President, this is our nation’s best option.”
Republican leader Eric Cantor explaining the two-pronged approach. First extending tax rates on incomes up to one million dollars. Then replacing automatic defense cuts with spending cuts elsewhere.
The vote will go no further. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says his chamber won’t consider “Plan B”.
(Reid) “The Republicans have wasted an entire week on a number of pointless political stunts.”
With no deal in sight, both chambers now plan to be in session after Christmas.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on Speaker Boehner’s “Plan B”: