- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 8 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
$500 Million Left at Jerusalem’s Western Wall
At Jerusalem’s Western Wall, Judaism’s holiest site, an unknown worshiper has left hundreds of millions of dollars worth of checks.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither has details from Jerusalem:
Here in Jerusalem, deep in the Old City, it’s common for worshipers to leave notes at the Western Wall…but not bank notes, and not half a billion dollars worth! In the cracks of the walls, letters to God are scrunched up on tiny bits of paper, but one worshiper found an envelope with 507 checks in it, each worth around a million dollars.
They’re not addressed to anyone and it’s doubtful they’ll be cashed. Police here say they’re mostly from Nigeria, but some are from the U.S., Europe and Asia. A Rabbi who oversees the Western Wall says he’s found checks before, but they’ve all bounced.
In Jerusalem, Emily Wither, FOX News Radio.