- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 6 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 7 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 10 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 10 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 11 hours ago
$500 Million Left at Jerusalem’s Western Wall
At Jerusalem’s Western Wall, Judaism’s holiest site, an unknown worshiper has left hundreds of millions of dollars worth of checks.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither has details from Jerusalem:
Here in Jerusalem, deep in the Old City, it’s common for worshipers to leave notes at the Western Wall…but not bank notes, and not half a billion dollars worth! In the cracks of the walls, letters to God are scrunched up on tiny bits of paper, but one worshiper found an envelope with 507 checks in it, each worth around a million dollars.
They’re not addressed to anyone and it’s doubtful they’ll be cashed. Police here say they’re mostly from Nigeria, but some are from the U.S., Europe and Asia. A Rabbi who oversees the Western Wall says he’s found checks before, but they’ve all bounced.
In Jerusalem, Emily Wither, FOX News Radio.