- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 12 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 14 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 15 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Obama Creates Gun Violence Task Force [VIDEO]
President Obama announced Wednesday that he is creating a new task force in an effort to curb gun violence. It will be headed by Vice President Joe Biden. The announcement comes in the aftermath of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 20 innocent children and six adults dead.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
Saying Washington has an obligation to try and prevent such mass atrocities as well as every day killings, President Obama tasked Vice President Joe Biden with working with top cabinet officials to find workable preventative measures. The President cited his desire for tighter gun controls, but said it can’t stop there.
(Obama) “We’re going to need to work on making access to mental healthcare at least as easy as access to a gun. We are going to need to look more closely at a culture that all too often glorifies guns and violence.”
The President called for recommendations by the end of January.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to President Obama speak on the creation of a new task force on gun violence:
WATCH for more on this story: