- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 17 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 2 days ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Obama Creates Gun Violence Task Force [VIDEO]
President Obama announced Wednesday that he is creating a new task force in an effort to curb gun violence. It will be headed by Vice President Joe Biden. The announcement comes in the aftermath of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 20 innocent children and six adults dead.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
Saying Washington has an obligation to try and prevent such mass atrocities as well as every day killings, President Obama tasked Vice President Joe Biden with working with top cabinet officials to find workable preventative measures. The President cited his desire for tighter gun controls, but said it can’t stop there.
(Obama) “We’re going to need to work on making access to mental healthcare at least as easy as access to a gun. We are going to need to look more closely at a culture that all too often glorifies guns and violence.”
The President called for recommendations by the end of January.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to President Obama speak on the creation of a new task force on gun violence:
WATCH for more on this story: