- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 4 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Asperger’s & Violence
The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut has thrust mental illness into the spotlight, in particular a form of autism known as Asperger Syndrome. Experts are trying to make clear, however, that even if Adam Lanza had Asperger’s, it shouldn’t be blamed for the crime.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Although unconfirmed reports say the Newtown school shooter suffered from a mild form of autism, experts say the condition is unrelated to violence. According to the Asperger’s Association of New England, premeditated violence towards others isn’t one of the traits associated with the disorder.
They say most patients with Asperger’s are kind and gentle, and hope the recent tragedy doesn’t paint a negative picture of the condition.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.