- President Obama Admits U.S. Miscalculated ISIS Strength [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Fatal CrashPosted 23 hours ago
- U.S. Military Battling Ebola In West AfricaPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Asperger’s & Violence
The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut has thrust mental illness into the spotlight, in particular a form of autism known as Asperger Syndrome. Experts are trying to make clear, however, that even if Adam Lanza had Asperger’s, it shouldn’t be blamed for the crime.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Although unconfirmed reports say the Newtown school shooter suffered from a mild form of autism, experts say the condition is unrelated to violence. According to the Asperger’s Association of New England, premeditated violence towards others isn’t one of the traits associated with the disorder.
They say most patients with Asperger’s are kind and gentle, and hope the recent tragedy doesn’t paint a negative picture of the condition.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.