- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 3 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Asperger’s & Violence
The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut has thrust mental illness into the spotlight, in particular a form of autism known as Asperger Syndrome. Experts are trying to make clear, however, that even if Adam Lanza had Asperger’s, it shouldn’t be blamed for the crime.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Although unconfirmed reports say the Newtown school shooter suffered from a mild form of autism, experts say the condition is unrelated to violence. According to the Asperger’s Association of New England, premeditated violence towards others isn’t one of the traits associated with the disorder.
They say most patients with Asperger’s are kind and gentle, and hope the recent tragedy doesn’t paint a negative picture of the condition.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.