- Bullet Points: Shoot to Wound?Posted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Job OpportunitiesPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: American Traditional Country Music Duo, The Secret SistersPosted 4 hours ago
- President Obama Green Lights Surveillance Flights Over Syria [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Sharing Opinions On Social MediaPosted 24 hours ago
- The Emmy Awards: Big Wins and An Emotional Tribute to Robin Williams [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Michigan Governor Vetoes Concealed Gun Bill
Would Rick Snyder have done this two weeks ago?
The bill would have allowed pistol owners with additional training and permits to carry their weapons in places of worship, schools, day care centers, stadiums, and churches.
In his veto letter, sent this afternoon to the Michigan Legislature, Synder said his decision to strike down the bill surrounded its failure to allow those public entities to opt out of the concealed carry provisions. “Unfortunately, the bill did not allow schools, public day care centers, or public hospitals to prohibit persons from carrying concealed weapons on their premises.”