- Bullet Points: Buy A Car – Get A GunPosted 55 mins ago
- Hired! Jobs In The Jewelry IndustryPosted 1 hour ago
- Border Disorder: TX Gov. Perry Sending National Guard Troops To Border [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Federal Appeals Court Delivers Blow To ObamacarePosted 20 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: What Lurks In What You Eat?Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 weeks ago
Michigan Governor Vetoes Concealed Gun Bill
Would Rick Snyder have done this two weeks ago?
The bill would have allowed pistol owners with additional training and permits to carry their weapons in places of worship, schools, day care centers, stadiums, and churches.
In his veto letter, sent this afternoon to the Michigan Legislature, Synder said his decision to strike down the bill surrounded its failure to allow those public entities to opt out of the concealed carry provisions. “Unfortunately, the bill did not allow schools, public day care centers, or public hospitals to prohibit persons from carrying concealed weapons on their premises.”