- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Michigan Governor Vetoes Concealed Gun Bill
Would Rick Snyder have done this two weeks ago?
The bill would have allowed pistol owners with additional training and permits to carry their weapons in places of worship, schools, day care centers, stadiums, and churches.
In his veto letter, sent this afternoon to the Michigan Legislature, Synder said his decision to strike down the bill surrounded its failure to allow those public entities to opt out of the concealed carry provisions. “Unfortunately, the bill did not allow schools, public day care centers, or public hospitals to prohibit persons from carrying concealed weapons on their premises.”