- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 3 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Securing Our Schools
The school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut are causing some to turn their focus on securing America’s schools. A safety expert says a crucial step may be missing from your child’s school disaster plan.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports in our ongoing series on national security:
That step: Practice, practice, practice. Sonayia Shepherd is a security analyst at Safe Havens. She says disaster drills are crucial in light of the shootings in Connecticut.
(Shepherd) “More planning, more practicing, we don’t do that enough. This happened in an elementary school and they’re the most vulnerable population, and therefore, I think they should be planning more.”
Shepherd is also calling for new rules that would let any adult inside a school building call for a lockdown if they see a threat. Most schools now can only go into lockdown under orders from a top administrator.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.