- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 7 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 8 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Securing America: Securing Our Schools
The school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut are causing some to turn their focus on securing America’s schools. A safety expert says a crucial step may be missing from your child’s school disaster plan.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports in our ongoing series on national security:
That step: Practice, practice, practice. Sonayia Shepherd is a security analyst at Safe Havens. She says disaster drills are crucial in light of the shootings in Connecticut.
(Shepherd) “More planning, more practicing, we don’t do that enough. This happened in an elementary school and they’re the most vulnerable population, and therefore, I think they should be planning more.”
Shepherd is also calling for new rules that would let any adult inside a school building call for a lockdown if they see a threat. Most schools now can only go into lockdown under orders from a top administrator.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.