- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 6 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 7 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 13 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Securing America: Securing Our Schools
The school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut are causing some to turn their focus on securing America’s schools. A safety expert says a crucial step may be missing from your child’s school disaster plan.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports in our ongoing series on national security:
That step: Practice, practice, practice. Sonayia Shepherd is a security analyst at Safe Havens. She says disaster drills are crucial in light of the shootings in Connecticut.
(Shepherd) “More planning, more practicing, we don’t do that enough. This happened in an elementary school and they’re the most vulnerable population, and therefore, I think they should be planning more.”
Shepherd is also calling for new rules that would let any adult inside a school building call for a lockdown if they see a threat. Most schools now can only go into lockdown under orders from a top administrator.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.