- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 8 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 10 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Hookah as Bad as Cigarettes
Many people know the dangers of cigarette smoke, but an increasing number are replacing it with a different kind of smoke that is just as bad for you.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
California health officials are warning consumers that smoking hookah is just as dangerous as cigarettes. A survey from the American Journal of Public Health shows a 40% increase in the use of the Middle Eastern-style waterpipes.
Experts say there is a perception hookah is more socially acceptable, but has even more carcinogens than cigarette smoke, including carbon monoxide and chemicals from burning coals.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.