- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 22 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Hookah as Bad as Cigarettes
Many people know the dangers of cigarette smoke, but an increasing number are replacing it with a different kind of smoke that is just as bad for you.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
California health officials are warning consumers that smoking hookah is just as dangerous as cigarettes. A survey from the American Journal of Public Health shows a 40% increase in the use of the Middle Eastern-style waterpipes.
Experts say there is a perception hookah is more socially acceptable, but has even more carcinogens than cigarette smoke, including carbon monoxide and chemicals from burning coals.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.