- Gas Leak Causes Deadly Fire, Building Explosion in NYC’s Harlem [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- AEHQ: A Jolly Republican Win In Florida, Sinking The Competition [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Giveaways At ChurchPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Community Grieves Victims of CT Shooting [VIDEO]
The names of those killed in Friday’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut have been released, as the town – and the country – continue to grieve the victims and try to figure out why so many lives were cut short so early.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports from Newtown, Ct.:
Residents and this community, once listed as one of the safest places in America, shattered.
(Newtown Resident) “I think the people that know the children, know the teachers need support, need our prayers.”
A makeshift memorial is set up outside a firehouse where people gathered following the shooting, a crisis intervention team is here, and the doors of all area churches are open for people to come and pray and to be with one another.
Hundreds gathered during a candlelight vigil in Stratford, Connecticut for 27-year-old teacher Victoria Soto, who’s being a called a hero for hiding her first-grade students in a closet, giving the gunman only one target as he entered her room.
(Carlee Soto) “I’m very proud to say that she’s my sister, and we definitely lost an amazing person, but she died doing what she loved – protecting the kids that meant the world to her.”
Our hearts are hurting as we watch 27 families now prepare to say goodbye to their loved ones, including 20 first-graders who probably never knew what evil was.
In Newtown, Connecticut, Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
CLICK HERE for more on Friday’s school shooting: