- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- World Freedom DeclinesPosted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 5 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
President Obama Meets CT Victims’ Families
President Obama spent Sunday evening in Newtown, Connecticut, meeting with the families of the victims of Friday’s school shooting, as well as some of the first responders to arrive at the scene. Twenty first-grade students and six faculty members at Sandy Hook Elementary School were killed.
In a memorial service at Newtown High School following the meeting, the President told the audience of families and Sandy Hook community members – and people watching on television – that words enough cannot express the depth of sorrow and pledged that change must come to prevent future tragedy. President Obama added we are not doing enough to protect our children, it is how a society is judged and we are not doing enough.
In a crowd that included the occasional crying baby, adults could be heard weeping openly as the President named spoke of the sacrifice of the faculty that died, and offered up a prayer as he named the children.
LISTEN to President Obama speaking at the memorial service: