- Lois Lerner Opens-Up About IRS Scandal [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- A Chilling Warning From ISIS Released in an Audio StatementPosted 8 hours ago
- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Indiana Man With 47 Guns Who Threatened To Kill At Elementary School Arrested
An Indiana man who threatened to “kill as many people as he could” at a local elementary school was arrested after being found with 47 guns in his house.
Von. I. Meyer, 60, of Cedar Lake, was arrested Saturday after prosecutors filed formal charges of felony intimidation, domestic battery and resisting law enforcement against him. He was being held Sunday without bond at the Lake County Jail, pending an initial hearing on the charges, police said in a statement.
Cedar Lake Police officers were called to Meyer’s home early Friday after he allegedly threatened to set his wife on fire once she fell asleep, the statement said.
Meyer also threatened to enter nearby Jane Ball Elementary School “and kill as many people as he could before police could stop him,” the statement said. Meyer’s home is less than 1,000 feet from the school and linked to it by trails and paths through a wooded area, police said…
Officers searched the home, finding 47 guns and ammunition worth more than $100,000 hidden throughout the home. Many of the weapons were collector’s guns.