- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 6 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 14 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 15 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Syrian Rebel Group Listed by U.S. as Terrorists
The U.S. has labeled them as terrorists, but in Syria, they’re hailed as heroes. A jihadist group fighting alongside the rebels has a lot of support on the group in Syria, but not in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither has more from our Middle East Bureau:
The Islamist radical group Jabhat al-Nusra has been blacklisted by the U.S.
(Nuland) “This is a group that we think does not wish Syria well.”
…Victoria Nuland from the State Department. The group has been found to have direct links to al-Qaeda in Iraq, but they claim to fight for the Syrian people. After the U.S. move, a number of support rally’s were held for the group.
The fighters are well-armed and experienced, unlike the Free Syrian Army – they’ve become the spearhead of the insurgency. – and their success on the battlefield has led them to be admired by many. The powerful group may be hard to shift in a future Syria without Assad.
In Jerusalem, Emily Wither, FOX News Radio.