- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 5 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 13 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 13 hours ago
“A Deeply Disturbed Kid”
Adam Lanza is described as having been a deeply disturbed kid from a wealthy family.
Mass murderer Adam Lanza, 20, was a ticking time bomb, people who knew him told the Daily News.
“This was a deeply disturbed kid,” a family insider told the Daily News. “He certainly had major issues. He was subject to outbursts from what I recall.”
Lanza, who friends and officials said suffered from Asperger’s syndrome or a personality disorder, had a tortured mind.
He was socially awkward and at times unstable, but also extraordinarily bright.
“He was smart,” the insider said. “He was like one of these real brainiac computer kind of kids.”
A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”
“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”