- Incomes Rise, Consumer Spending Ticks Slightly Higher In FebruaryPosted 2 hours ago
- Prehistoric ‘Super Salamander’ DiscoveredPosted 7 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
FOX on Tech: NYC To Try Taxi Hailing App
Tired of standing in the rain, trying to hail a taxi? Worried about stepping into the street to try to get a cabbie’s attention? In the country’s biggest city, there will soon be an app for that.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains from New York City:
FOX on Tech.
It’s one of the pains of being a New Yorker…
…13,000 cabs, but hailing one will soon be easier. The New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission approving a plan to allow passengers to hail cabs using smartphone apps starting early next year. Hit a button, and a nearby cab will come to you. Some say it will ease dangers.
(NYC Taxi Rider) “The cabs will just cut people off or just stop in the street sometimes.”
Though there are worries about taxi drivers looking at their phones to accept a hail. Bans on drivers using handheld devices and on pre-arranged rides must be formally set aside for the program.
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.