- Another Security Blunder For Secret ServicePosted 4 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 7 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
FOX on Tech: NYC To Try Taxi Hailing App
Tired of standing in the rain, trying to hail a taxi? Worried about stepping into the street to try to get a cabbie’s attention? In the country’s biggest city, there will soon be an app for that.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains from New York City:
FOX on Tech.
It’s one of the pains of being a New Yorker…
…13,000 cabs, but hailing one will soon be easier. The New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission approving a plan to allow passengers to hail cabs using smartphone apps starting early next year. Hit a button, and a nearby cab will come to you. Some say it will ease dangers.
(NYC Taxi Rider) “The cabs will just cut people off or just stop in the street sometimes.”
Though there are worries about taxi drivers looking at their phones to accept a hail. Bans on drivers using handheld devices and on pre-arranged rides must be formally set aside for the program.
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.