- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 6 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 7 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 13 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
FOX on Tech: NYC To Try Taxi Hailing App
Tired of standing in the rain, trying to hail a taxi? Worried about stepping into the street to try to get a cabbie’s attention? In the country’s biggest city, there will soon be an app for that.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains from New York City:
FOX on Tech.
It’s one of the pains of being a New Yorker…
…13,000 cabs, but hailing one will soon be easier. The New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission approving a plan to allow passengers to hail cabs using smartphone apps starting early next year. Hit a button, and a nearby cab will come to you. Some say it will ease dangers.
(NYC Taxi Rider) “The cabs will just cut people off or just stop in the street sometimes.”
Though there are worries about taxi drivers looking at their phones to accept a hail. Bans on drivers using handheld devices and on pre-arranged rides must be formally set aside for the program.
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.