- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 18 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 19 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 2 days ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 2 days ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 2 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Sitar Master Ravi Shankar Dies [VIDEO]
Ravi Shankar, the musician and composer whose collaborations with musicians in the West helped foster a new appreciation for India’s traditional music, has died. He was 92.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Ravi Shankar was a world class musician and he had a global following. It was George Harrison, more than anyone else, who helped introduce him to the world beyond India.
Shankar was already revered as a master of sitar when he met Harrison and the Beatles in 1966. Harrison called him “the godfather of world music”.
That cache gave Shankar a new audience. He garnered widespread attention with memorable performances at Monterey Pop, Woodstock and The Concert for Bangladesh.
Shankar was classically trained. His music once compared to Mozart.
For later generations, Shankar was the estranged father of singer Norah Jones. He died at a hospital near his home in Encinitas, California.
Bill Vitka, Fox News Radio
LISTEN to music from Ravi Shankar: