- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 8 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Does Gang Violence Count as Terrorism?
What exactly constitutes terrorism? What makes a person a terrorist? While there may not be a clear legal definition, a New York court has ruled on what is not.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
When someone opened fire at a christening party in the Bronx, prosecutors argued the gunman was trying to terrorize the neighborhood’s Mexican-American community, and the gunman was convicted in the killing of a 10-year-old bystander and wounding of a rival gang member under a terrorist law enacted after 9/11.
Now, New York’s Court of Appeals has ordered a new trial for Edgar Morales, saying the terrorism theory likely prejudiced the jury, and that there’s no indication the law was intended to elevate gang violence to terrorism status.
In New York, Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.