- Supreme Court Weighs Arguments Over Affordable Care Act Subsidies [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Bullet Points: ATF Takes Aim at AR-15 AmmoPosted 11 hours ago
- DHS Gets A Budget, Immigration Policy Standoff EndsPosted 12 hours ago
- Former General David Petraeus Pleads Guilty [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Census Bureau: Minorities Will Be Majority in 2043
Republicans have talked the need to win a larger share of the minority vote, and new projections from the U.S. Census Bureau suggest that that could be an even bigger key in coming elections as the U.S. goes through a historic population shift.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Come 2043, minorities will make up the majority.
(Ortman) “Meaning that the non-Hispanic, white-alone population, while it remains the largest single group, will no longer remain the numeric majority.”
Dropping as low as 43% of the U.S. population in 2060, according to Census Bureau demographer Jennifer Ortman. The Hispanic population projected to double in that time to 31%.
Whites are no longer the majority among newborns, and will fall under 50% for those under age 18 within a decade.
(Ortman) “Our projections show that that population will become majority minority in 2018.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.