- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 1 min ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 19 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 24 hours ago
Securing America: Afghanistan Progress Report
A new progress report from the Pentagon paints a mixed picture in the ongoing war on terror being fought in Afghanistan.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
In Afghanistan, there have been slightly more attacks by the Taliban this year, compared to last, but a larger Afghan security force has taken on more of the fighting. Those are two conclusions of a Pentagon analysis of America’s longest war.
Other points: The troop surge reduced the enemy’s offensive ability, but the Taliban and al-Qaeda still can bring flashy attacks. There’s cross-border counterterrorism cooperation from Pakistan, but not a lot. And 2012 saw more attacks on American and NATO troops from supposed allies in Afghanistan.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.