- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 14 mins ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 7 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 22 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 1 day ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
Housecall for Health: Hair Color & Your Health
There is a strong belief among some people that a person’s hair color can tell you some about their personality. A new study out of Harvard suggests hair color can also tell you about a person’s health risks.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Top doctors say you can tell a lot about a person’s health from their hair color:
-Blondes have a higher risk of melanoma, especially on their scalps, and should always wear a hat in direct sunlight.
-Brunettes are more likely to suffer from hair loss, and can help prevent it by getting enough iron.
-And a Harvard study finds redheads may have a 90% greater chance of developing Parkinson’s Disease because of a specific gene mutation.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.