- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 7 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 10 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
New Healthcare Taxes Detailed
Regardless of what happens with the so-called “fiscal cliff,” there will be some taxes going up come January 1st to pay for the new healthcare law.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight has the breakdown:
The IRS has published the rules about the taxes. Investment income for households earning more than $250,000 a year will be subject to a 3.8% tax. Regular income for those households will also face a nearly 1% Medicare surtax.
There is also a 2.3% tax on medical devices. Georgia Republican Congressman Tom Price fears that that tax will reduce medical research.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.