- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 23 hours ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 24 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Nurse Involved in Kate Middleton Hoax Call Found Dead
In Britain, a nurse at Kate Middleton’s hospital, who was victim of a hoax call from a radio station earlier this week, has been found dead.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports from London:
The death of Jacintha Saldanha is being investigated as a possible suicide. The hospital where Kate Middleton was being treated says it had been supporting the nurse since she was targeted in a prank call by two Australian radio hosts. They impersonated the Queen and Prince Charles, managed to get through to the Duchess of Cambridge’s ward, and then secured details about her condition, while she was being treated for a severe form of morning sickness. The hospital says Saldanha was a first-class nurse who’d cared diligently for hundreds of patients.
In London, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.
READ a statement from King Edward VII Hospital in London:
“It is with very deep sadness that we confirm the tragic death of a member of our nursing staff, Jacintha Saldanha.
Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII’s Hospital for more than four years. She was an excellent nurse and well-respected and popular with all of her colleagues.
We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital. The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time.
John Lofthouse, Chief Executive at King Edward VII’s Hospital, says: “Our thoughts and deepest sympathies at this time are with her family and friends. Everyone is shocked by the loss of a much loved and valued colleague.”
Lord Glenarthur, Chairman of King Edward VII’s Hospital, says, “This is a tragic event. Jacintha was a first class nurse who cared diligently for hundreds of patients during her time with us. She will be greatly missed.”
READ a statement from the Palace:
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Jacintha Saldanha. Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha’s family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time.”