- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 17 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
WA Legalizes Marijuana and Gay Marriage
Washington state puts two new laws into effect today: legalization of marijuana and same-sex marriage.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
You can legally buy it but not sell it, give it away or smoke it in public but as of today possessing one ounce of marijuana is legal under Washington state law.
Alison Holcomb with the ACLU saying Washington has become the first state in the nation to legalize marijuana.
(Holcomb) “This is a historic moment and this was a historic campaign.”
The new law could raise half-a-billion dollars a year in tax revenue.
Also today for the first time same sex couples in Washington state can get licenses to marry. But weddings can’t begin until Sunday.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.