- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 6 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 12/6/2012
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
And the negotiations continue! The fiscal cliff negotiations are continuing, but Brian doesn’t like anything coming out of either side. Although Brian sees some progress being made, he wants to know if the President actually wants to go over the fiscal cliff, and poses the question: Where is the give?
Michael Keane stopped by to talk about his new children’s book The Night Santa Got Lost: How NORAD Saved Christmas. Keane said he came up with the idea for the book after spending a couple of Christmases in Iraq, where he was embedded with General Petraeus. Keane also talked about what it was like to be in Iraq with Petraeus, who he described as “someone special.”
Evan Thomas also talked to Brian about his new book Ike’s Bluff: President Eisenhower’s Secret Battle to Save the World. Thomas explained that the general public still believes that President Eisenhower was the “sleepy grandfather type” who played golf all the time. In the book, he explains why this isn’t true.
Kevin Wall took over for Brian and discussed the issue of gun control and the question Bob Costas posed about guns: “Why does anybody need a semi-automatic weapon?” Wall gave a prime example of July 7th, 1991, where his friend, Steve Palermo, witnessed two waitresses getting mugged in a parking lot. When he went outside to help, he suffered a bullet wound in his spine and was instantly paralyzed. “If any of those people had a gun, Steve Palermo might not have been paralyzed.” Wall also took calls to see what our faithful listeners thought about Costas’ question.
“I’ve had it up to here on the fiscal cliff!” Wall discussed the fiscal cliff and Ann Coulter’s remarks on Hannity last night, where she said that the GOP should preserve the Bush tax cuts for the lower 98% and let the rates for the wealthy go up – essentially declaring that the GOP should give in. Wall also took calls to get our listener’s opinions on what the GOP should do.