- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 2 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 6 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 10 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 10 hours ago
Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Dies [VIDEO]
The legendary jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck has died. He was 91.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Foster reports:
Dave Brubeck was a day shy of 92 years old. He died of heart failure on the way to a cardiologist appointment, according to his manager.
The Dave Brubek Quartet’s “Time Out” from 1959 was the first jazz album to sell a million copies. And he was the first modern jazz musician on the cover of ‘TIME Magazine’.
(“Blue Rondo a la Turk”)
He served as a musician during World War II, when his “Wolf Pack Band” was the only integrated unit in the military.
Besides jazz, he composed music for opera, ballet, a Charlie Brown TV special, and a contemporary mass. Sometimes, joined by some of his six children.
Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Dave Brubeck Quartet preform ‘Take Five’: