- So Long Soda?Posted 1 hour ago
- Incomes Rise, Consumer Spending Ticks Slightly Higher In FebruaryPosted 18 hours ago
- Prehistoric ‘Super Salamander’ DiscoveredPosted 23 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Dies [VIDEO]
The legendary jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck has died. He was 91.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Foster reports:
Dave Brubeck was a day shy of 92 years old. He died of heart failure on the way to a cardiologist appointment, according to his manager.
The Dave Brubek Quartet’s “Time Out” from 1959 was the first jazz album to sell a million copies. And he was the first modern jazz musician on the cover of ‘TIME Magazine’.
(“Blue Rondo a la Turk”)
He served as a musician during World War II, when his “Wolf Pack Band” was the only integrated unit in the military.
Besides jazz, he composed music for opera, ballet, a Charlie Brown TV special, and a contemporary mass. Sometimes, joined by some of his six children.
Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Dave Brubeck Quartet preform ‘Take Five':