- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 13 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 13 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Indiana Republican Pushing Bill To Challenge Evolution
Indiana state Senator Dennis Cruse plans to introduce a bill that would allow students to question evolution.
“I would call it ‘truth in education’ to make sure that what is being taught is true,” Kruse, the chairman of the Senate Education and Career Development Committee, told Indystar. “And if a student thinks something isn’t true, then they can question the teacher and the teacher would have to come up with some kind of research to support that what they are teaching is true or not true.”
…The Discovery Institute, which advocates the teaching of a variation of creationism known as Intelligent Design, is reportedly helping Kruse draft his new bill.
The Indiana Senate in February passed Kruse’s legislation to allow “the teaching of various theories concerning the origin of life, including creation science” in public schools. However, Republican Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma killed the bill, saying it would result in a costly lawsuit if passed.