- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 2 days ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
IL Senate Approves Illegal Immigrant Drivers Licenses
A measure that’s cleared one major hurdle in Illinois may put more illegal immigrants behind the wheel legally.
FOX News Radio’s Pat O’Neill reports:
The Illinois Senate approved the bill by a wide margin, and now it heads to the House. If it passes, the legislation would let illegal immigrants get tested for drivers licenses and buy insurance without facing deportation.
An estimated 250,000 illegal immigrants in Illinois drive. Supporters of the bill say it increases safety and saves money. Opponents say it’s not the type of immigration reform they want.
Only two other states now allow illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses: Washington and New Mexico.
Pat O’Neill, FOX News Radio.