- Could A Traffic App Be A Danger To Police?Posted 14 hours ago
- Stresses of Social MediaPosted 20 hours ago
- NASA Goes Commercial?Posted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Fiscal Cliff Fight: Still A Standoff [VIDEO]
A Republican counter-offer to the President’s deficit-fighting plan is shot down by the White House, leaving the fight to fix the fiscal cliff at a continued standstill.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham sums up the Republican philosophy.
(Graham) “I’m for generating more revenue only if we get entitlement reform.”
And the GOP plan unveiled by House Speaker John Boehner calls for just that: Raising the eligibility age for Medicare, as well as lowering cost-of-living hikes for social security. The plan’s revenue component contains no tax hikes, it would close tax loopholes for a predicted increase of $800-billion over ten years.
(Carney) “The rates have to rise, and the Republicans need to acknowledge that.”
The word from White House spokesman Jay Carney just an hour before the Republicans released their plan yesterday.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the fiscal cliff fight: