- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Taliban Attack in Afghanistan
Taliban bombers have struck again, trying for one of their largest, most sophisticated attacks of the year. But it’s an assault that NATO says didn’t succeed.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue reports in our ongoing series on national security:
The target this time was a joint U.S.-Afghan air base in eastern Afghanistan; utilizing car bombs, aiming for – and detonating – the vehicles at the main gate around 6am Sunday. U.S. helicopter gunships responded, sparking a two-hour long gunbattle.
When it was over, all nine of the attackers were dead. At least five Afghans died in the assault, two of them medical students caught up in the crossfire. A NATO spokesperson describes the Taliban attack, the largest of its kind since February, as a failure.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.