- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 6 hours ago
- Chesney’s ‘Big Revival Tour’ Gets BiggerPosted 7 hours ago
- Senator Mary Landrieu’s Keystone CollapsePosted 1 day ago
- How Much Does Thanksgiving Cost?Posted 1 day ago
- Legal Lis: Lawyer Sues Holder & ATF Over Homemade Machine GunPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Israel Faces Backlash Over Settlement Plans
Just days after a U.N. vote said Palestine exists, some world leaders are upset over new settlements Israel plans to build.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither reports from Jerusalem:
The announcement by Israel that it’s planning to build 3,000 new homes in an area here known as E-1 has drawn sharp criticism from the U.S. to Russia. The houses will largely cut off the West Bank from east Jerusalem.
Israeli lawyer Danny Seidmann says it doesn’t matter if the buildings are illegal under international law:
(Seidmann) “The effective law in Israel in the West Bank is the law of Israel so the chances of stopping this by legal means are remote indeed.”
A number of governments in Europe have also summoned their Israeli ambassadors over this.
In Jerusalem, Emily Wither, FOX News Radio.