- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 23 hours ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 23 hours ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 23 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
CDC: Flu Season Staring Early
The flu season is off to an earlier start than in years past, and the CDC is warning it could be an especially bad one.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Flu season is off to its earliest start in nearly a decade.
(Dr. Frieden) “The early nature of the cases, as well as the specific strains we’re seeing suggest that this could be a bad flu year.”
Centers for Disease Control Director Dr. Thomas Frieden says one such strain tends to be more severe for the elderly. Suspected flu cases have jumped in five southern states, an uptick that usually isn’t seen until after Christmas.
Still, health officials say folks are well prepared – more than a third of Americans have already gotten flu vaccines this season.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Raido.