- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 23 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Boehner: Fiscal Cliff Talks Going “Nowhere” [VIDEO]
There’s not much time left to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff,” and lawmakers seem to be encountering roadblocks on the path away from it.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports:
With about a month left, House Speaker John Boehner says:
(Boehner) “Right now, I would say we’re nowhere…period. We’re nowhere.”
Boehner on “FOX News Sunday,” saying he strongly opposes the budget plan proposed by the White House last week.
(Boehner) “I was just flabbergasted. I looked at them and said, ‘You can’t be serious.'”
But Democrats says Republicans are being unreasonable and vague about how to generate tax revenue. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says the way to prevent the “fiscal cliff” lies in the hands of the GOP.
(Geithner) “Standing in the way of that would be a refusal by Republicans to accept that rates are going to have to go up on the wealthiest Americans.”
Geithner on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more from Speaker Boehner on the fiscal cliff during his “FOX News Sunday” interview:
WATCH more from Sec. Geithner on the fiscal cliff during his “FOX News Sunday” interview: