- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of December 13thPosted 2 hours ago
- CDC Report Shows Flu Vaccine BenefitsPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Who Is Keeping Tabs On Your Cell Phone?Posted 1 day ago
- Securing America: NSA Director Defends Data CollectionPosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Do It Yourself Duct Tape HolsterPosted 2 days ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 5 months ago
Beating the Holiday Blues
The holiday shopping season kicked off a week ago, and now that it’s December, the holiday season really is in full swing. But for some, the holidays just aren’t that cheery.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has some holiday advice:
(Andy Williams – “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”) “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…”
Not for everybody. Cleveland Clinic psychologist Dr. Michael McKee says the holiday blues are a real thing, usually triggered by trying to recreate a perfect holiday.
(Dr. McKee) “You’re not able to celebrate the way you’d like to, and you’re reminded of losses that happened around the holiday season.”
The solution? Counting your blessings, literally. McKee says studies show it works.
(Dr. McKee) “If you’re having trouble counting them, write down three good things that have happened to you. Write down at least one person you’re grateful for having in your life.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.