- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 19 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 20 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 2 days ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 3 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 3 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 3 days ago
Beating the Holiday Blues
The holiday shopping season kicked off a week ago, and now that it’s December, the holiday season really is in full swing. But for some, the holidays just aren’t that cheery.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has some holiday advice:
(Andy Williams – “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”) “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…”
Not for everybody. Cleveland Clinic psychologist Dr. Michael McKee says the holiday blues are a real thing, usually triggered by trying to recreate a perfect holiday.
(Dr. McKee) “You’re not able to celebrate the way you’d like to, and you’re reminded of losses that happened around the holiday season.”
The solution? Counting your blessings, literally. McKee says studies show it works.
(Dr. McKee) “If you’re having trouble counting them, write down three good things that have happened to you. Write down at least one person you’re grateful for having in your life.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.