- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 2 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 9 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Beating the Holiday Blues
The holiday shopping season kicked off a week ago, and now that it’s December, the holiday season really is in full swing. But for some, the holidays just aren’t that cheery.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has some holiday advice:
(Andy Williams – “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”) “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…”
Not for everybody. Cleveland Clinic psychologist Dr. Michael McKee says the holiday blues are a real thing, usually triggered by trying to recreate a perfect holiday.
(Dr. McKee) “You’re not able to celebrate the way you’d like to, and you’re reminded of losses that happened around the holiday season.”
The solution? Counting your blessings, literally. McKee says studies show it works.
(Dr. McKee) “If you’re having trouble counting them, write down three good things that have happened to you. Write down at least one person you’re grateful for having in your life.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.