- Hired! Career ProspectsPosted 18 mins ago
- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 18 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 19 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
U.N. Votes to Recognize Palestinian State [VIDEO]
In a vote that the United States calls “unfortunate,” the United Nations – 65 years to the day after deciding to partition Palestine, allowing for the establishing of Israel – has voted to recognize the Palestinian state.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from the U.N.:
With 138 yes votes, an overwhelming majority, U.N. member states voted to recognize Palestine as a “non-member, observer state” at the United Nations.
(Abbas – through interpreter) “This aggression also confirms the Israel government’s adherence to the policy of occupation, brute force and war.”
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas delivering a speech ahead of the vote criticizing Israel for recent violence in Gaza. Israel’s Ambassador to the U.N. called today’s vote a Pyrrhic victory that comes with a heavy price, saying peace can only be achieved in talks by recognizing Israel.
The vote will not bring about Palestinian independence.
At the United Nations in New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to response at the UN by US Ambassador Susan Rice:
WATCH more on the U.N. vote HERE: