- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 12 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
U.N. Votes to Recognize Palestinian State [VIDEO]
In a vote that the United States calls “unfortunate,” the United Nations – 65 years to the day after deciding to partition Palestine, allowing for the establishing of Israel – has voted to recognize the Palestinian state.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from the U.N.:
With 138 yes votes, an overwhelming majority, U.N. member states voted to recognize Palestine as a “non-member, observer state” at the United Nations.
(Abbas – through interpreter) “This aggression also confirms the Israel government’s adherence to the policy of occupation, brute force and war.”
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas delivering a speech ahead of the vote criticizing Israel for recent violence in Gaza. Israel’s Ambassador to the U.N. called today’s vote a Pyrrhic victory that comes with a heavy price, saying peace can only be achieved in talks by recognizing Israel.
The vote will not bring about Palestinian independence.
At the United Nations in New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to response at the UN by US Ambassador Susan Rice:
WATCH more on the U.N. vote HERE: