- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 15 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 17 hours ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 18 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Warren Buffett On The Wealthy: “They Were The Moochers”
Some of the highest earners are among Romeny’s 47% who pay no federal income tax., says investor Warren Buffett.
“They were the moochers, and they paid zero,” Buffett, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A), said today in an interview on MSNBC. “The way they get at them is a minimum tax and it’s very simple to do.”
Buffett is pressing his call for a minimum tax on incomes above $1 million as lawmakers seek to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff, which would impose more than $600 billion in tax increases and spending cuts starting in January. He said in a New York Times opinion piece yesterday that higher taxes on the wealthy won’t thwart investment.