- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 14 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 15 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Study: Majority of Pork Contaminated With Bacteria [VIDEO]
A Consumer Reports study says some of the pork purchased in grocery stores and specialty stores contain high levels of bacteria that causes food poisoning.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Consumer Reports says it tested almost 150 pork chops and 50 samples of ground pork in six different cities and found high levels of harmful bacteria. Overall, almost 69% of all pork tested contained some bacteria. Many of the samples were also resistant to antibiotics.
(Meat Counter Worker) “A lot if it is raised in one particular region. A lot of it’s slaughtered in the same area and processed there. So the fact that that amount of it is all being contaminated, it’s basically coming from a similar source.”
A meat counter worker in Los Angeles says she’s not surprised.
Ground pork, according to Consumer Reports, is more likely to contain the bacteria than pork chops.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on contaminated pork: