- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 16 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
KS Town Changing Seal Because of Cross
A small Kansas town doesn’t want to, but they’re working to redesign their town seal after a complaint that it contains a religious symbol.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
Since 1988, Buhler, Kansas’s seal has included a cross. But the Freedom From Religion Foundation has filed a complaint, arguing the cross violates the Constitution’s Establishment Clause. Mayor Daniel Friesen was willing to fight.
(Friesen) “I’m not one to necessarily back down from an issue.”
…Deciding to consult several lawyers.
(Friesen) “We looked at it with level heads.”
And realized they could not win in court.
(Friesen) “If we were to fight it, we’d be wasting taxpayer money.”
Buhler now designing a new crest and replacing a sign in the town’s park that also contains a cross, steps the Foundation says are needed to avoid an endorsement of Christianity.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.