- Border Disorder: Securing TexasPosted 2 hours ago
- Plane Crashes In Taiwan, Dozens Feared Dead [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Buy A Car – Get A GunPosted 9 hours ago
- Hired! Jobs In The Jewelry IndustryPosted 10 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 weeks ago
Confidential Info Found on Macy’s Parade Confetti
It’s as American as apple pie: the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, which was enjoyed by thousands along the parade route on Thursday. But some paradegoers found more than just joy: confidential documents and personal information, mixed in with the confetti.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
Ethan Finkelstein and his friends were showered with thin, white strips of paper along the parade route, discovering many with sensitive information.
(Finkelstein) “We noticed that there were more Social Security Numbers, addresses, phone numbers.”
Shredded documents and incident reports from Long Island’s Nassau County Police, some with detailed information about the department’s personnel. Macy’s says the confidential confetti isn’t their doing – they use special multi-color paper, which they also give to people in the parade. Finkelstein says he’s contacted the Nassau Police, who promise an investigation, and taken a lesson from the experience.
(Finkelstein) “It doesn’t even take a hacker. It takes somebody just picking up stuff off the street to find your information.”
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.