- AFMW: Maria Bartiromo, Host of FBN’s “Opening Bell with Maria BartiromoPosted 42 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 42 mins ago
- Tim McGraw’s Touching Tribute To Glen CampbellPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Dr. Alveda King, American Civil Rights ActivistPosted 15 hours ago
- “Enough With The Media’s Gotcha Game”Posted 24 hours ago
- Brazilian Butt Lift Blamed For Woman’s DeathPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
“I Care More About My Country Than I Do About A 20-Year-Old Tax Pledge”
So says former Grover Norquist tax pledger Senator Saxby Cambliss of Georgia.
“I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge,” said Chambliss, who signed Norquist’s “Taxpayer Protection Pledge” when he first ran for Senate. “If we do it his way, then we’ll continue in debt, and I just have a disagreement with him about that.”
The Georgia Republican told WMAZ that he expects his defiance of GOP anti-tax orthodoxy to earn him a primary challenger in 2014.
“But I don’t worry about that because I care too much about my country. I care a lot more about it than I do Grover Norquist,” said Chambliss, a member of the Gang of Six, a bipartisan group of senators focused on crafting a long-term deficit reduction deal.