- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 11 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 13 hours ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 14 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Should This Woman Have Been Fired For Posting This Photo On Facebook?
Lindsey Stone thought it would be funny to post a photo of herself showing a lack of silence and respect at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington, where the sign says “Silence and Respect.”
A Facebook page called “Fire Lindsey Stone” was created less than a day ago and has already amassed over 4,000 likes. Started by a former servicemember, the page calls for Stone to be terminated from her job at LIFE, a Cape Cod-based nonprofit that houses adults with learning disabilities.
“Let her employer know how much of a waste of oxygen this disrespectful person is,” wrote the page’s creator, who notes that Stone’s trip to Arlington National Cemetery was paid for by the organization.
Stone and a coworker who took the picture have been fired, with the organization saying, “We wish to announce that the two employees recently involved in the Arlington Cemetery incident are no longer employees of LIFE. Again, we deeply regret any disrespect to members of the military and their families.”