- Housecall for Health: Sugar HighPosted 2 hours ago
- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 22 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
SC Court: Home Poker Games are Illegal
A high court has spoken: In one southeastern state, even a home game of poker can get you thrown in the pokee. It’s a ruling that is renewing calls for the state legislature to change what some consider to be a ridiculous law.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
The State Supreme Court in South Carolina says any organized poker game, even in a private home, is illegal.
(Kenny Rogers – The Gambler) “You got to know when to hold ‘em…”
The ruling comes on an appeal of a raid on a 2006 home game near Charleston, where 25 people were ticketed for illegal gambling.
(O.A.R. – Crazy Game of Poker) “That was a crazy game of poker (that was a crazy game)…”
The law at question has been on the books since 1802, and bars any game with cards or dice – which technically means even Monopoly is illegal in the state. Legislators tried to push a bill last year that would have made friendly poker home games legal, but it never made it to the floor for debate.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.